Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Passive Program: Vote for Cat of the Year!

Here's my contribution to Citizenship Month and Election day - a chance to vote!


To keep things friendly, I’ve created campaign posters for Bad Kitty, Pete the Cat, Garfield, and Splat the Cat. I did the posters using Photoshop to create the original image and enlarged them using a site called Rasterbator.com. This site is amazing! It takes your image and enlarges it to make it as big as you want. And it’s free! These posters are downloaded as a PDF in four pieces. I manually pieced the four pieces together and glued them onto poster board.

If you want to replicate this as a passive program at your location, I am happy to share the PDFs with you. Just email me! And please cast YOUR vote for your favorite cat! You can do an “Absentee Ballot” comment on the blog and I’ll put a dot under the poster of your favorite cat. Or you can vote in person at the Youth Services meeting on Friday!

I did broaden my voting population by posting this photo on FB and offering the absentee ballot option as part of the post. With all the political tension on social media, a fun election like this couldn’t hurt!

- Michelle @ CEN

Why is Pusheen not a choice?!

7 comments:

  1. Pusheen didn't make it past the primaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write in vote for Hello Kitty! LOL.
    I love your display idea, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great thank you for putting it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish blogspot had a "like" button for these comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!
    -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two votes for Pete the Cat! Karen Luik and Nina Oliver

    ReplyDelete