Monday, November 14, 2016

That's a Wrap Book Display

If you have never had a chance to wrap up library books and put them on display for checkouts, YOU SHOULD! It is a great way to get books that are often overlooked, a chance for a checkout. A customer cannot judge a book by its cover if they cannot see the cover.

A great display option for YA books is the “Blind Date with a Book” format during February for Valentine’s Day. You can have it run for a whole month or just for a week or two. On the front of the wrapped book, I placed a note stating what the book likes such as favorite vacation spot. For example: if the book takes place in Paris, I write Paris as the vacation spot.


Picture books can get in on the action too! “Frosty the Snowman” children’s picture book display is a great option for the month of December.


All of the books at my locations are RIFD tagged, but I do double check the book for RFID tagging before wrapping it. I also write the ID number of the item on the wrapping paper just in case the RFID tag does not work.

- Nhu @ STE

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this done for Valentine's but I love the idea of wrapping them up for the holidays too!

    ReplyDelete