Below is the teen display which is super simple, but I hope will encourage tweens and teens boys and girls to be inspired by awesome women.
I used A Mighty Girl and my own readers' advisory knowledge as a resource to choose books that were appropriate for the display. The quotes were pulled after doing a thorough Google search.
For kids, I decided to do a passive program that encourages kids to learn about strong women in our history. I got the idea for the display from this blog post. I included book recommendations for each of the women featured on the card. All of the books are owned by HPL and can be put on hold for our customers to check out, if they so desire.
I used women I thought represented the Alief community well and would, again, hopefully inspire young girls and boys. I ended up clipping these papers all around the children’s room in areas I wanted patrons to explore more, as well as areas that I knew get A LOT of use (i.e. kids graphic novels and the DVD section).
If you are inspired by this program, you can download and print the information here.
- Jayla @ ALI






I like having an activity to go with the special month. Thanks for the information. I might try the scavenger hunt the next Saturday I am here. Thanks, Jayla.
ReplyDeleteThat looks awesome, Jayla! Way to celebrate Women's History Month!
ReplyDelete