"Let Your Words Take Flight" was a call to action bulletin board I did in March in response to the political climate. But it can work well for a Poetry Month Bulletin board as well. The butterflies are layered: 3 butterfly die cuts glued together at the center. I folded the wings up toward the center for the illusion of motion. And Norola helpfully drew a silhouette of a face for me.
The current bulletin Board in the Central Teen Area: "Poet-Tree in Motion" was inspired by Laura Edwards Poet-tree sculpture in the Kids area. I loved her idea so I translated it into a 2-d version for the Teen room. The leaves, flowers, tree trunk, butterflies, and birds are all cut out of sheets of poetry (my fav poems--Tennyson's Lady of Shalott, Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Browning's My Last Duchess.) And the text in the cut out of the raven is Poe's The Raven--just to keep it a little edgy for the Teens.




I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Let Your Words Take Flight bulletin board. It's really amazing! Poet-Tree in motion is also super fab, but I'm just so in love with the Let Your Words Take Flight one.
ReplyDeletelooks awesome!
ReplyDelete