Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Zombie Escape Room!

We have our first feedback from our new Escape Room kit and it is awesome!



Erica @ PAR shared the following:

"I ran the program today successfully! My teens had 40 minutes to make it out and they escaped in 20 minutes. However, they did use both hint cards.

My story line was: You are trapped inside of Park Place Regional Library which has been invaded by zombies! 40 minutes from now the zombies will have broken through the barricades into this meeting room. Before they do, you must find the vaccine. There is a vaccine for everyone. The clues are all around you. Can you find the vaccine in time?

It was super awesome and the teens absolutely loved it! They said they spent their entire day looking forward to coming to the library for the escape room challenge."

Remember, when you request the kit you will receive the physical items needed to create the escape experience; individual requesters are responsible for creating the narrative and individual puzzles. As puzzles and themes are shared our escape room database will grow, so please make sure to share your ideas! I asked Erica to share her Escape Room documents and puzzles. They can be found here. The link will also be added to the Kits tab of the YS Blog.

What theme are you planning for when your location has the Escape Room kit?

P.S. If you have suggestions or puzzles you'd like to share please email them to Rebecca.

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! I bet those teens are already asking for the next escape room challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so much! When's your next escape room going to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I was very excited to run this program. I plan on doing another Escape Room near summer to help get the Teens excited for our Summer Reading Program. - Erica PAR

    ReplyDelete