Monday, July 4, 2016

Ultimate Tic-Tac-Toe


We have done this game a few times at STE and each time it has been a hit with school aged kids/tweens.

I got the idea after seeing this video: https://youtu.be/X55rcKDlodo

This can be played one on one (or two on two). Players will stand behind the table opposite of each other but facing the trash can that they will be throwing their paper ball into. When a paper ball makes it into the trash can, they can put down an X or O. The first to get tic-tac-toe wins the game!

Tip: Let the players know that if they run out of paper balls, they can grab the paper balls on the ground that are behind them. Do not go to the other side of the table. That will only cause chaos.
The first time we tried it during ASZ, the kids did not want to play until my co-worker and I started playing that they decided they wanted to play. You may need to demo this so the kids will find it interesting.

Equipment:

  • 1 Table
  • 2 trash cans or 2 cardboard boxes
  • Lots of crumpled up paper balls
  • Paper X’s and O’s
  • Masking Tape or Painter’s Tape (alteratly you can draw the lines with a marker)

(If you do not have any these items, it is easy to substitute with something else.)

-Nhu

3 comments:

  1. VERY cool. Will have to try them out when I get to Alief for ASZ -- Jayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it would be so much fun! I can't wait to try this with the kids @ Smith!

    - Norola

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it would be so much fun! I can't wait to try this with the kids @ Smith!

    - Norola

    ReplyDelete