VRR kit surveys are mandatory (as are all other kit surveys). We want to know what songs, rhymes, activities, and books you are doing. This information is actually looked at and used, and I wanted you to know that your answers do have an impact (they don't just get put into a pile or folder, never to be seen again)!
On the G Drive, in the Very Ready Reading Program folder, there is a folder called Book lists for each theme. There is a folder for each age group where you can find all 20 of the themes found in the binder for that age. For each theme, I've made a list of the books recommended in the binder, highlighted those that are included in the kit, and then added the books that you've recommended on the surveys if they were age appropriate. This is a work in progress, and I will be adding to it periodically. If you don't like one or more of the books included in the kit, check out this list for alternate suggestions! I also included if it currently owned by HPL to make it easier for you.
Also, we do take your suggestions into consideration. For example, one of the Birdies in the Treetops surveys said that they did a flannelboard for the 3 Blue Pigeons song. I took that suggestion and made this:
So if you request the Birdies in the Treetop kit, this flannel board will be included in the kit!
We also look at your suggestions for new kits. I am currently working on some holiday and seasonal kits, which I anticipate will be available sometime after SRP.

No comments:
Post a Comment