As mentioned in a previous post, I am currently working on creating some new VRR-style kits!
I've been reading the kit surveys for your ideas, and I'm currently working on some new themes, including seasonal and holiday themes (as those seemed to be the most requested).
Here's are 3 questions for you to answer:
1. What book would you most like to see in a new VRR kit?
2. What would that kit be called (it could be something as simple as "Summer" or you could be even more creative!)
3. What age group is the kit for (babies, toddlers, or preschoolers?)
The book(s) you select may appear in one of the new kits (if they are still in print!) Make your voice heard, answer the 3 questions in the comments (*don't forget to put your name and location) and I'll give you a prize at the next Youth Meeting!
I would like to see this book,'It's Not Easy Being A Bunny' by Marilyn Sadler in a new VRR kit. This kit could be called "Bunnies" for any age group. :)~ Jacqueline Thomas BLU/BRA
ReplyDelete1. Jazz Baby by Lisa Wheeler
ReplyDelete2. "Jazz!" or "All That Jazz!"
3. It could be for any age group. I read it for a toddler storytime along with I Got the Rhythm by Connie Schofield-Morrison and This Jazz Man by Karen Ehrhardt.
- Holly @ HIL/RIN
love it! It could include some rhythm instruments for the activity!
DeleteWill you be utilizing any of the 11 themes I've added to the Caregiver Tip Sheets on the G drive? I'm happy to send you the coinciding books and crafts I used! Or I can share some at an upcoming meeting. Let me know! Thanks, Alexandra at HEI
ReplyDeleteHi Alexandra,
DeleteYes, please send me your book lists/craft ideas for possible new kits :)
This is a storytime I did last spring
ReplyDelete1. The Peace Book by Todd Parr
2. Celebrating Our Differences
3. Preschool
I also used "A Friend Like You" by Tanja Askani and we sang "To Everyone in All the World" by Raffi and our activity was making pictures with fingerprints since everyone has them but everyone's are different
A Birthday themed one called Happy Birthday. Aimed at Toddlers.Could include Jan Thomas' A Birthday for Cow. (I love all Jan Thomas books).
ReplyDeleteI have ideas for this because I always do birthday storytimes around my birthday :)
DeleteOh my gosh so many many books. I would love "I will chomp you!" to be included in a kit along with "I'm a shark" and "Buddy and the Bunnies". It could be called "Don't be scared, it's just a book" I would also like to see "Hip Hop Dog" and "Squeak! rumble! whomp! whomp! whomp!" and "Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band" in a "Make some noise!" story kit. They work great with the Pre-K crowd and really get them involved. (Drew @ PLE/TUT/BLU)
ReplyDelete