Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Ideas for Bulletin Boards

This week's blog is brought to you by Michelle Johnson!

I love getting creative with bulletin boards but sometimes my creative well runs dry and I need a little help. Pinterest has been one of my main go-to sources...I'll see a pin and get inspired to try my own twist on it. For Banned Books week I saw a lot of libraries doing things featuring books in mug shots and criminal line-ups . I used those pins as a springboard for my September Board "Books on Trial: You be the Judge".


Another source of inspiration lately has been memes and t-shirts. I saw an excellent shirt with the "Keep Calm and Carry On" slogan overlaid with a "Run...the Zombies are Coming!" --which seemed perfect for the October Monster Mayhem theme. And the zombies from Plants Vs Zombies are just so adorable that I was eager to hunt some zombies online and feature them on the board. 



I would love to hear some of your sources of inspiration for creative bulletin boards and displays. Please share in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment