This week's blog is brought to you by Nhu Le!
Back in August, we hosted a Superhero Training Camp at STE.
It was an idea that I’ve seen on Pinterest and always wanted to do, but never
did until my co-worker and I started discussing the logistics of it. I had
previously asked for superhero mask as the in-house craft program for August
and figured this was a great way to incorporate the superhero mask as part of a
bigger program.
The program was registration required with attendance capped
at 24 since we had 24 superhero masks and I would know exactly how many
superhero capes to cut out in advance.
The program was an hour long with two parts. We utilized our
small meeting room as the headquarters for costume making (decorating mask,
capes) and to help with the flow of traffic to the large meeting room.
The
large meeting room held the obstacle courses for our newly minted superhero.
Once the superhero completed the obstacle course, they received a certificate
congratulating them on completing their training and now they are ready to go
forth into the world to save the day!
The capes were cut from $1 plastic party rectangular table
covers that you can find at the dollar store or Wal-Mart. I made 6 capes out of
1 table cover. I used velcro to assist in attaching the cape around the child’s
neck. Stickers were used to decorate the capes. Each child was given a blank
sticker name tag to write their superhero name on. I made sure to address the
children by their hero name once they put the name tag on. You will find a lot
of resources and ideas on pinterest by searching for “superhero training camp”,
“superhero training academy”, “superhero birthday party”, or any variations of
those keywords. You can also find cape patterns with google search or on
pinterest with key word, “superhero cape template”.
The obstacle course consisted of lifting a fake 100 lb
barbell 5 times,
kicking down a brick wall,
crawling through a tunnel
surrounded by red balloons (bombs)
and saving a stuffed animal in distress, running
through a fire wall,
and saving another stuffed animal in distress while carrying the animal through the last tunnel.
You will find a lot of resources and ideas on pinterest by
searching for “superhero training camp”, “superhero training academy”,
“superhero birthday party”, or any variations of those keywords. You can also
find cape patterns with google search or on pinterest with key word, “superhero
cape template”.









Nhu, that looks SUPER!
ReplyDelete